How to improve verbal and non-verbal communication
We all project an image, and the others can easily detect it through our verbal and non-verbal communication, those little actions or omissions that can show the others who we are, so that is an important reason as to why we should always try to improve our level of communication.
Here are some tips that will help you projection better verbal and non-verbal messages to other people:
- Keep your promises – Being punctual, delivering reports on time, anything you are compromised to do and you make it happen is going to improve your non-verbal communication in a great way.
- Talk with a secure but indicated voice tone – The way you communicate verbally to the others is very powerful, so trying to avoid fillers or a low volume when talking will show your confidence.
- Show your empathy to your listener – When you empathize with the person you are talking to, is an excellent way to get the other one’s trust. Always try to understand how the others can fell in different situations.
- Orthography – Everything you write will talk about you, make sure your written communication is congruent with what you are trying to transmit and avoid orthography mistakes.
- Call everyone by their names – The most persuasive sound for every person is their name, make sure you learn the names of the personas you work with and call them by their names; you will see how you get more attention.
- Apologize – We tend to think that apologizing is a sign of weakness which is completely wrong as it is all the opposite, if apologizing would be so easy, everyone would do it, so be humble enough as to apologize when you know you have done wrong, you will win respect and improve your verbal communication.
“Success of business often depend on the way we talk to each other, keeping a good level or communication, whether it is verbal or non-verbal is going to help every time”, thinks Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.