Emotional control techniques that will help you overcome stress
Most entrepreneurs are under very stressful situations most of the time, this is a physical and mental state that can impulse you to reach your goals, but it can also be harmful when it is not handled the right way, so in this article we will show you emotional control techniques that will help you leading with stress.
“If you do not handle stress and allow you to handle your life, you can damage your business, your personal life and your health, as stress is related with serious diseases, so it is important to find your way to handle it correctly”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
There are three main stress phases:
- Alert – When your organism is prepared to produce as much energy as needed to solve a situation.
- Adaptation – When you are continuously under stressful situations.
- Exhaustion – When your stress is chronic and you feel anxious, your body will start responding with health problems.
There are multiple emotional control techniques that will help you control your stress levels. Here are some suggestions you might want to practice:
- Deep breathing – Breathing deeply constantly will help you control your physiological reactions. Inspire deeply and count to 4, hold your breath counting to 4, let the air out while you count to 8.
- Controlling your thoughts – When you start feeling nervous or anxious, it is important to identify your negative thoughts and turn them into positive ones.
- Muscle relaxation – Sitting down in a comfortable position, closing your eyes and relaxing all the muscles in your body slowly will decrease the levels of stress considerably.
“As an entrepreneur, it is hard to avoid being under stressful situations every day, but it is important to know how to control it instead of letting it control you”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.