How to be full of energy in order to be more productive?
Mornings are really hard for some of us, and having a body and mind full of energy might be a little hard, so in this article we will show you how to achieve it and how important it is if you want to become more productive each day.
“It is important to have a good night of rest, exercise and mediate, as for an entrepreneur, being productive is essential, and it can only be done when you have enough energy”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
Caffeine is good for an energy shot, but it will not last longer, so instead, try with these tips to stay focus, full of energy and much productive:
- Feeding yourself with nutritive food is one of the best advices if you want to have more energy every day. Keep in mind that carbohydrates such as whole grains take much time to be digested, and when you combine them with protein, you can take energy from them for a longer time. But also remember to add vegetables to your diet.
- Hydration – It is not only essential to feel good, it is also necessary for a good performance of your cognitive functions. Remember to drink at least 2.5 lts of water every day.
- Breathing exercises – It is necessary to stay away from your desk at least 5 or 10 minutes every hour, take this time to stretch out your legs and arms and also to make breathing exercises that will help you relaxing and working in a very smart way.
“Small habits can help you having more energy and becoming more productive, but it is important to practice them daily so they can help you with your activities every day”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
Balancing the time for your family and business
When you are a dedicated entrepreneur, you spend hours within your company or focused on your project that you hardly find enough time to spend with your family, you might be leaving home very early, when your children have not woke up yet and arrive late at home when they are already sleeping, but is there a way to balance the time for your family and business? Yes, it is possible and in this article we will show you how to make it work.
“There are different actions you can make every day in order to spend enough time with your family without neglecting your business, but it is important that, as a businessman, you make your day as productive as possible so you can dedicate all of your energy to both activities in time”, said Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim and a Mexican entrepreneur.
Here are some tips that will help you balancing the time you dedicate to your family and business:
- Habits are very important for an entrepreneur; however, it is important to be flexible with your schedule as not all of the time you will be able to work in the same exact way. A word of advice would be to dedicate as much time you can to your children during the day and replace the hours in your business working at night.
- Although family will always come first, an entrepreneur must be very conscious that a successful business requires sacrifice, so there will be days when your project will need full attention, you must be able to identify those real emergencies, instead of focusing all of your time in your business.
- A businessman should learn how to delegate; this will be the key in order to spend more time with the family. If you have a strong teamwork by your side, you will not have to attend all of the meetings or have to take all of the decisions.
“Although it is hard to balance the time given to your family and business, it is not impossible if you are able to take the right decisions and make the habits that will help you being focused whether you are at home with your beloved ones or attending a meeting at your company”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
Tips to consider before you become an entrepreneur
Many persons dream of being economically free, becoming their own bosses and owning a successful and profitable company, but the road to succeed is harder than can be imagined and in this article we would like to show new entrepreneurs what to consider before they take the next step.
“If you want to become a successful entrepreneur, you must be conscious about what you will offer and what you want to obtain, you must be passionate as that will keep you in the right road and you should have a clear vision of your goals, so you do not quit when you face the obstacles”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
The following tips are intended to show you what to consider before you decide to become a serious entrepreneur:
- Having a bright idea to make a successful business does not mean you must be in a rush, without the necessary preparation your way to succeed will be harder and you can end up in failure. Start once you are ready to develop your idea in a professional way, when you have found the necessary resources and have prepared mentally.
- The idea of changing a brilliant idea into something completely different can scare a few entrepreneurs, but most of the times are part of the procedure to become a successful businessman. If your idea is not strong, you would not want to invest your time, resources and all of your effort.
- You should know more than anyone about the products and services that you are going to offer. That will help you outstand from your possible competition.
- Many new entrepreneurs bet on innovation and although it is necessary, it can also be very risky for someone without experience. If you will invest your money in something innovative, you must keep in mind it must attract a good number of customers in order to make it a successful business.
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal also advised “Being a successful entrepreneur is not easy, but it is possible for those persons with dreams that are very strong, those persons will keep on going and sort out frustration, disappointment and many obstacles until they reach their success”.
Mistakes you need to avoid to succeed as an entrepreneur
All new entrepreneurs can have just the same chances to be successful and they face almost the same risks to fail, but it is in the way that the entrepreneur sees a failure, if he faces it and learns from it, he will take off the stone on the road to reach success, learning from the mistakes is a great way of winning more experience and that would be an important difference between a business that will continue working and one that will have to close.
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, an important manufacturer company in Mexico, gave us his opinions about the differences between a successful entrepreneur and one that will not reach his goals.
Interviewer: What do you think is the main reason to fail on business?
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal: There are a bunch of reasons, but I believe the main one is not to have a correct business plan, it is important for an entrepreneur to always be prepared and disciplined, and have a plan B when things are going on the wrong direction.
I: What would be the main obstacle to defeat for an entrepreneur?
SJMV: Fear, once you have defeated fears, you will be able to move on and start any new projects you have dreamed of.
Here are some mistakes you need to avoid if you want to succeed as an entrepreneur:
- Staff – Investors finance persons, not ideas, so you must always look for staff that will have real experience to operate on business.
- Marketing – If you want your products to be visible, you need to have the right marketing; otherwise, your business will not be able to succeed.
- Giving up – One of the main reasons to fail is when an entrepreneur gives up at the first obstacle, they will be many of them, you will have to face errors and failure, but all successful entrepreneurs had to do it too.
- Incomes – Any enterprises need to generate incomes, if you want to avoid closing your business, you need to make sure you receive the correct profits.
“Any entrepreneur can succeed when he has the right tools, ideas and conviction, it is not an easy way but it sure worths the effort”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.
Financial mistakes of an entrepreneur
An entrepreneur must take into account all aspects before deciding to begin a new business, such as lack of profits at the beginning, unexpected expenses, mismatches between payment due dates and some other aspects that might carry a company to financial disasters if they are not considered.
“Any entrepreneur should always consider that at the beginning of any business, the lack of incoming money, can be a financial problem, so they should always count with funds for sudden expenses”, commented Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, about this topic.
These are some common financial mistakes that an entrepreneur should always try to avoid:
- Poorly planned Budget – One of the most common financial mistakes are to make a budget without considering the medium term needs first, as it would be by then when new investments should be done again in order to face the market, if this is not planned correctly, the entrepreneur can end at the beginning, so it is basic for a company to make financial plans from one to three years to the future, or up to 8 years for an industry. This plan, as its name shows, is only that, it is not necessary to be so strict about it, this plan should be checked and adjusted continuously, depending on the company’s needs.
- Fixed expenses – An excess of fixed expenses can be the cause of a company’s failure, as there are many different aspects to consider before a new business begins. If an entrepreneur opens a business with many customers but if it is not on a centered place, you will not get too many customers, this means that the fixed expenses will be higher than the profits.
- Excessive indebtedness – Another common mistake of an entrepreneur is to finance its business from its own pocket and get a bank loan for the rest, this could be the end for any businessmen. You should always consider that failure is not always due to the lack of customers only, it might be sometimes due to a wrong calculation of expenses and incomes.
“Success of any business depends on a good balance within it, an owner of a company must always find a good balance for the company’s budget, considering all aspects, such as not receiving payments on time, and as long as you consider all possible aspects, you can avoid any financial mistakes that can put your company into risk”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.