How to make a successful business call?
Many entrepreneurs agree that one of the most powerful tools to grow up on business is to make productive business calls to offer a product or service, make a business appointment or get to know new persons, but how to make successful phone calls? Keep on reading as we will give you the answers.
“An entrepreneur must be good to communicate with others whether it is personally or by phone, so it is important to improve your communication skills as that will open you many doors on the business world”, advised Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
Here are some secrets that will help you having successful business calls:
- If you want the receptor to listen to you, he will have to trust you first, so choose the first worlds you will want him to hear carefully, a nice greeting will make a difference. You must sound calmed and your focused on your intention to call the person.
- Clarify briefly the reason for the call, when someone asks you the motive give short but clear answers.
- Your voice tone and speed will make a difference, if the other person says “I cannot hear you, or I do not get it”, make sure you are speaking clear and loud.
- Remember to always have a piece of paper and a pen next to you, as nothing looks less professional than asking the receptor to wait until you find something to write in.
- When you make a very important phone call, standing up is the best option, as you will sound more confident.
“Every call you make must have a purpose, if you want to make an effective business call the best thing is to get what you were looking for before you hang up”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.