How to be good at managing personnel
Managing your personnel might harder than you might imagine if you do not have the necessary knowledge to lead them and motivate them to be better persons, so today we will know more about a correct management.
“A good manager should be willing to keep an open mind, listen to his co-workers and the ideas they might contribute to the company and understanding that he might not only demand a good job for the rest of the staff but try to improve professional and personally himself”, thinks Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, a jeans manufacturer in Mexico.
Here are some steps that will help you managing your personnel in a better way:
- Understand the meaning of management – A manager is not an individual contributor, he is now responsible for someone else’s job, so the success of your position will also depend on the way your personnel makes their job.
- Help your personnel – A good manager should keep the communication lines open at all times, as this would reduce unnecessary problems by lack of communication from both sides.
- Look for advice – If you want to be good at your job, you have to learn from other one’s experiences, look for another people that are good at managing, listen to their advices and start applying them.
- Identify goals – You should establish individual and group goals, you must make sure you reach your individual goals and you must lead your work team to reach those that you have established as a company.
- Know your team – Managing includes lots of knowledge, you should constantly talk to your personnel, know their strengths and weaknesses and use this knowledge to balance the team’s productivity.
“A good manager is always focus on his job, assigning the correct tasks to the most appropriate personnel and be present for the team, give them enough confidence to approach you and keep a calm work environment”, added Salomón Juan Marcos Villarreal about this topic.